Video has become a powerful tool for corporate communications, providing companies with a dynamic and engaging way to connect with their audience. With the rise of remote work and virtual events, video has become an indispensable tool for businesses looking to maintain strong relationships with their employees, customers, and partners. This blog will explore the statistics of using video for corporate communications, types of videos to create and why video communication matters for your business.
Stats Show Video Boosts Corporate
Video is quickly becoming the most preferred form of communication in the workplace. From training and onboarding to internal communication, video is an effective and efficient way to share information with employees. Here are some eye-opening statistics demonstrating video's power in the workplace.
- Video can save an employee 6 minutes and 43 seconds a day. With so many distractions in the workplace, employees need a quick and easy way to consume information.
- 48% of all employees consider video the most engaging form of communication. Engagement is crucial when retaining information, and video provides a way for employees to connect with the material on a personal level.
- 66% of people would choose to watch a video to learn new material. Whether for training or onboarding, video provides an accessible and easy way for employees to learn and retain information.
- Employees retain 95% of a message when they watch a video. Video provides a powerful way for employees to understand and retain information, making it a valuable tool for companies looking to ensure their employees are informed and up-to-date.
- 93% of internal communicators believe video is an important tool. With its ability to engage employees, save time, and improve retention, it's no wonder that video is becoming the go-to choice for many companies.
- 59% of executives would rather watch videos than read text. Executives are busy people, and video allows them to consume information quickly and efficiently.
Types of Videos to Use for Internal
In corporate communications, video has become an increasingly important tool for delivering messages and engaging audiences. From explaining complex concepts and products to training employees, various types of videos can be used to meet a company's communication needs. These video communications include:
- Explainer Videos: These videos provide clear and simple explanations of complex concepts, products, or services in an engaging and visually appealing manner.
- How-to Videos: How-to videos are designed to instruct and guide viewers on specific processes or procedures and can help train new employees or customers.
- Internal Webinars: These videos are live or recorded events used to communicate with and train employees, often covering company updates, training sessions, or product demonstrations.
- Live Streaming: Live streaming is a real-time video broadcast used for company events, town halls, product launches, and other corporate communications.
- Personalized Videos: These are tailored videos created specifically for individual recipients and can be used to deliver personalized messages, onboarding experiences, and training programs.
Why Video Communication Matters
As demonstrated in this blog, video communications have become a vital aspect of modern business. Videos provide an engaging and visually appealing way to communicate with employees, customers, and other stakeholders, helping to simplify complex concepts, provide training, and build relationships. The use of videos in corporate communications is set to continue growing in importance, making it a valuable and necessary investment for companies of all sizes.